Finance Assistant- Purchase Ledger
We have a vacancy for an experienced Assistant to join our Finance team, you will have specific responsibility for our Purchase Ledger, but with other duties including company credit cards, cash handling and bank reconciliations. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with previous finance experience preferable.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Registering supplier invoices
- Circulating invoices for authorisation in accordance with company delegated authorities policy
- Answering queries from suppliers and Heads of Department
- Making payments to suppliers by BACs or cheque
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining supplier accounts
- Paying all overseas suppliers accounts in foreign currency as required
- Processing all direct debits
- Managing purchase orders
- Maintaining the register period to ensure all invoices are cleared
- Creating year end accruals
Company credit cards
- Checking and posting credit card transactions
- Maintaining a schedule of outstanding statements and reminding cardholders of overdue paperwork
Cash Book for Glyndebourne Productions Limited
- Posting cash book entries for current and deposit accounts
- Bank reconciliations for above accounts
- Resolving queries internally and with the bank
- Counting shop cash takings and paying into petty cash
- Taking cheques to the bank on a weekly basis
- Operation of cash window
- Ordering stationery for the store and all departments
- Liaising with security regarding replenishing store stock
- Confirming that stationery invoices are correct and the goods are delivered before forwarding for authorisation to pay
- Recording asset purchases, ensuring that accurate description is held on the database, including scanned copies of invoices
- Running year end asset and depreciation reports
- Inventory checking and subsequent database updating
A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience working in a finance department preferable
- Ability to work extremely accurately
- Flexible attitude and good team working skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, including Word and Excel and familiarity with other finance software.
- Driving licence helpful
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £20,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
This is a full time position, the contractual hours of work are 35 per week, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 31 August
We are an equal opportunities employer
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *