Digital Content Assistant
Glyndebourne is looking for a Digital Content Assistant who will assist in delivering and managing content across Glyndebourne’s digital channels, from the website to social media, to the very highest standards consistent with the values and aspirations of the Glyndebourne brand. Critical to this role is a passion for digital technology as well as content, and a desire to proactively develop the Glyndebourne website and its digital presence across other platforms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Day to day management of the website
- Assist the Digital Content Editor in the administration of the website and social media channels
- Proactively monitor the accuracy and usability of the website
- Create & distribute regular updates on web traffic & usage, proactively monitoring analytical data and making content and editorial recommendations based on this where appropriate
Content creation & publishing
- Work with the Digital Content Editor to create, edit and proof content on the website via the Content Management System.
- Facilitate a superior user experience and design for our digital content
- Publish content on Glyndebourne’s social media channels, in line with broader comms strategies
- Coordinate planning and publication schedules for digital content
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate delivery of web content
- Creatively develop, collaborate on and provide support for digital project requirements across the company, such as the digital opera guides
- Manage the administration of web accommodation listings
- Support the Digital Content Editor in the implementation and coordination of digital content strategy
- Provide basic development and styling for pages, to complement and improve on existing layouts.
- Provide frontline technical support using Google Developer Tools to establish key needs and internal capacity to problem solve for the website.
- Troubleshoot and communicate technical issues with external developers, working closely with them to ensure the website meets evolving needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient writing and proofreading ability
- Experience of writing for the web and posting on social media
- Experience of editing websites using a CMS
- Experience editing and creating web pages with HTML and CSS
- Experience and understanding of SEO and UX
- Ability to use and interpret analytical data tools and experience of using Google Analytics
- Web development experience with an interest in future development
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise a mixed workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Experience with Google Developer Tools
- Experience of using Photoshop and optimising images
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £24,000, dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31 May 2018 with interviews to be held on the 8 and 11 June.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.