Our busy Membership & Development department is looking for a Development Officer to join our team. You will be responsible for the successful creation and implementation of the Development departments varied programme of stewardship, cultivation and fundraising events at both Glyndebourne and external venues. Working with the Development Manager on prospecting individual donors and assist with stewardship and cultivation as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To meticulously plan and supervise all Development events. Liaising with fundraisers and membership as necessary to ensure their smooth running and that they meet the highest standards of customer service from organising invitations, RSVPs and guest lists, departmental staffing and catering. Events include; Old Green Room and Red Room cultivation and stewardship events, dinners and pre and post show drinks (including ad hoc places such as the House and garden spaces), backstage tours and preview events and external events
- To coordinate all major donor entertaining during the Festival for our Executive Chairman, Managing Director and Artistic Director
- To liaise with other departments within Glyndebourne to operate smooth cross department events including larger Education events.
- To evaluate the performance of events and make recommendations to the Deputy Director of Development.
- To liaise closely with Leith’s to ensure they are fully briefed for all events.
- To liaise with the Director of Artistic Administration and Company Office regarding the procurement of singers and musicians for internal and external events, when required.
- To manage day to day the events budget, authorising expenditure within agreed limits
- To support the Development team by creating and maintaining accurate and clean records in Tessitura in relation to events invitations and replies
- To produce and maintain biographical information on major donors and keeping these up to date on Tessitura
- To serve as the first point of contact with all major donors (OGS, Circle, Funding Members) to assist with their ticket and dining requirements and ad hoc requests throughout the year, showing a sensitive approach to all supporter relationships. To liaise with portfolio managers to further their relationships and therefore help maintain financial independence for Glyndebourne.
- To execute certain OGS benefits such as car park passes, signed and framed programmes, flowers for entertaining spaces and Christmas gifts
- To assist the Development Manager with the managing and reserving of in memorium benches
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the Deputy Director of Development and Director of Development
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of planning and supervising fundraising events
- Experience of working in a high customer service environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate a problem-solving approach particularly under pressure
- Ability to work with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent IT Skills and experience of using a CRM database
- Fundraising experience in a not for profit organisation
- Experience of research and prospecting
- Experience of stewarding and hosting cultivation events
This position will involve frequent shift work (afternoon and evenings) and weekend working between May and August and some offsite work to support events outside Glyndebourne.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £25,000 – £27,000 per annum dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week but will involve some unsociable hours including weekends during the Glyndebourne Festival, Tour and at other times of the year.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20 February 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer