Our busy Membership & Development department is looking for an experienced Development Manager who will work alongside senior members of our team to implement our strategy to increase the current portfolio of donors to Glyndebourne through prospecting, cultivation and stewardship. You will also manage and develop our existing Legacy Programme and our Annual Fund campaign. You should have fundraising experience in an Arts or not for profit organisation with a track record of prospecting and soliciting donations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Development Manager and the Deputy Director of Development on the implementation of our strategy to increase the current pool of donors to Glyndebourne through prospecting, cultivation and stewardship
- Manage the current and develop the Legacy Programme and increase the number of committed John Christie Society members
- Work with the Deputy Director of Development on the Annual Fund campaign
- To manage an assigned portfolio of donors including the Glyndebourne Circle
- To work with our communications and membership departments to manage online fundraising for approved Development projects
- Support the Development team in a year-round programme of events and liaise with supporters face to face
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fundraising experience in an Arts/not for profit organisation
- A track record of prospecting and soliciting donations
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal skills with a passion for our aims and an ability to develop relationships at the highest professional level
- Experience of stewarding and hosting cultivation events
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Experience of legacy giving and planning is desirable
This position will involve frequent off site business meetings and some unsociable hours including weekends during the Glyndebourne Festival, Tour and at other times of the year
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £35,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week but will involve some unsociable hours including weekends during the Glyndebourne Festival, Tour and at other times of the year.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 18 January 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer