Customer Service Supervisor
We have a permanent vacancy for an additional Customer Service Supervisor to join our Box Office and Customer Service team.
You will assist the Head of Customer Service in the day to day running of the department including target driven sales duties, team supervision and Front of House performance duties. With an excellent eye for detail you will work closely with our Finance department, you will also be responsible for the department’s financial transactions within our CRM system Tessitura and weekly reconciliations.
We operate a shift pattern, working 5 days out of 7 days with regular weekend work during our Festival and Tour which opens in May and runs to the end of October.
In addition, you will assist the Head of Customer Service in the day-to-day running of the department including target-driven sales duties, team supervision and Front of House performance duties.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To promote and encourage a target driven approach within the ticket sales operation, ensuring we maximise income through active selling, revenue management, and identifying new opportunities to increase revenue.
- To ensure all financial transactions are compliant with the departments policies and procedures.
- To provide day-to-day first-line support for Tessitura CRM and our Avaya phone system, for the Box Office and Customer Service team
- To research and implement new processes and procedures to ensure the departments utilises technology developments to their full potential
- To work with the Head of Customer Service and external agencies on the development of new and existing projects.
- To train and develop the Box Office and Customer Service team ensuring all procedures are carried out efficiently and to agreed standards.
- To provide and ensure the Box Office and Customer Service team deliver outstanding levels of customer service.
- To contribute to the development of current and future Box Office and Customer Service policies and procedures including compliance with GDPR to support the commercial requirements of the company.
- To share the role of Duty Supervisor, responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the Box Office and Customer Service team, ensuring the team and departments’ goals are managed effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working within a Customer Service and Box Office environment
- Experience of database systems and their potential
- Awareness of technological developments (database/web/phone systems)
- Experience of supervising a pro-active Customer Service and Sales team
- The ability to problem solve effectively
- The ability to prioritise workload using own initiative
- The ability to deliver under pressure and to deadline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong multi-channel communication skills
- A knowledge or interest in Opera or classical music
Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of the Box Office and Customer Service Department operation
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £27,694.90. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 hours/ 5 days per week worked over 7 days.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on-site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 6 April 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer