Customer Service Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract, 26 February – 26 August 2018
We have a vacancy for an individual with experience of delivering excellent customer service to join our Box Office and Customer Service Team.
The position will involve working 5 days per week on a roster between Monday to Sunday.
You will need previous experience of working in a sales and customer service environment; a good knowledge of computer systems and web technologies; excellent keyboard skills (minimum 50 wpm) and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
Forming part of the Customer Service team; Customer Service Coordinators are responsible for providing all Glyndebourne customers, both internal and external, with a premium ticket sales and information service.
In addition to selling tickets to our members and the general public, the role also involves providing exceptional service to customers as required; a help-desk for online ticket purchasers, recording marketing and ticketing data in an analytical and robust fashion; personal financial responsibility and accountability and a variety of general office administration tasks using Tessitura, Microsoft Office and related software.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To provide excellent customer service in all aspects of ticketing, information and online support services;
- To ‘own’ the entire ticketing and information transactions (including exchanges, reprints, resales etc) from initial enquiry through to despatch;
- To pro-actively utilise the latest available technologies to maintain and improve customer service and increase sales;
- To be responsible for daily financial transactions via Tessitura, identifying issues for resolution with the Finance Supervisor.
- To support Glyndebourne initiatives specifically designed for members, customers, education, development and staff and record all relevant activity;
- To work with all departments to ensure that the ‘Glyndebourne Customer Experience’ exceeds expectations;
- To operate the company post system and coordinate courier requirements for the company.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a fast paced sales and customer service environment
- Working knowledge of web technologies
- Demonstrable keyboard and accuracy skills (minimum 50 wpm and 100% accuracy)
- Ability to problem-solve and use own initiative
- Exceptional Customer Service skills in using a variety of communication channels (e.g. In person, by telephone, in writing)
- Knowledge of opera and awareness of Glyndebourne activities
- Excellent working knowledge of Box Office and general sales procedures
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of the Customer Service operation;
- Commitment to a target-driven, service-based environment;
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Any job offer will be conditional on enhanced reference checks including a basic criminal record check.
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a weekly salary of £360.86
We offer 5.6 weeks pa pro rata holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be 35 per week over 7 variable days between Monday and Sunday, 9am – 10.30pm.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 5 February 2018, with interviews to be held on 12 & 14 February.
We are an equal opportunities employer.