Corporate Membership Manager (Maternity Cover)
12 month fixed term contract from February 2018
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Membership Manager to join our Membership team on a fixed-term contract to work alongside our Director of Development and Head of Membership to implement and manage our Corporate Membership Strategy.
You will be responsible for managing our current corporate membership base including the membership renewal process and benefit fulfillment. You will be first point of contact for all incoming corporate enquiries with a view to securing new Members. You should have experience of developing relationships and generating income in a corporate fundraising or commercial environment along with strong communication and influencing skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To work with the Director of Development and Head of Membership to implement and manage the Corporate Membership Strategy including collecting and reporting on data of current corporate members’ renewals and ticket take up and other related activity from the existing and previous season.
- Responsibility for managing the current corporate membership base. Providing regular contact throughout the year to build and deepen the relationship, increase engagement and help the company maximize use of ticket allocation and benefits. This area of responsibility includes:
- Working with colleagues in Box Office to manage the ticket application process.
- Working with the Events Coordinator to create, plan, manage and host events for current Corporate Members.
- Working with colleagues in the Communications department to commission, create and distribute printed, email and online marketing materials related to Corporate Membership and to support ticket sales.
- Ensuring the correct acknowledgement in Programme Books, Annual Report and as agreed other printed and online materials.
- Working with the Finance team and Operations team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing for Corporate Members and advertisers.
- Managing the Membership subscription renewals process including the creation and distribution of membership renewals materials.
- Ensuring that database records are kept up to date.
- Working with Head of Compliance to ensure that the necessary terms and conditions are created and issued where required.
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries from companies wishing to explore opportunities for corporate involvement, providing relevant information and follow up on Corporate Membership, event packages or referring to Director of Development for potential sponsorship follow up.
- Be responsible for advertising in the Glyndebourne Festival and Tour Programmes. Securing new and repeat advertisers to achieve our annual sales targets, managing ticket allocation for advertisers and work with our Communications team to create promotional materials.
- Provide research, proposal and presentation support for the Director of Development and others as needed.
- Where necessary and possible assist the Director of Development with management of corporate sponsors.
- Assist with other tasks as required and to undertake other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Head of Membership and Director of Development.
This position will involve some offsite business meetings and events and some unsociable working hours including weekends during the Glyndebourne Festival and Tour.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing partnerships and generating income in a corporate fundraising or commercial environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience of writing proposals for corporate funders or for business development
- Use of a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database
- An interest in Opera would be an advantage
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of circa £26,000 dependent on experience.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including bank holidays
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 3 November 2017
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer