Fixed-Term contract for a minimum of 3 years commencing September 2017
Glyndebourne is seeking to appoint an exceptional, highly talented and motivated musician with professional experience in choral conducting, preparation and rehearsal. As Chorus Master you will be responsible for the training of The Glyndebourne Chorus for the Festival and Tour, enabling them to perform at the highest international standard. The successful applicant will be able to deliver excellent performance from the Glyndebourne Chorus and demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation of the chorus to the highest musical standards
- Undertaking performance duties: off-stage conducting of chorus and stage bands where required
- Monitoring of the chorus during performances in both the Festival and Tour
- Maintain complete and accurate records for Music Library
- Attendance at chorus auditions and meetings as required
- Attendance, where appropriate, at conservatoire opera performances and small opera companies where young singers are performing who could be potential chorus members
- Support the Head of Planning and Company Management in the management of the Chorus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Possess a thorough knowledge of opera repertoire
- Ability to undertake musical preparation in major European languages
- Strong leadership, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain good working relations with people at all levels
- Flexibility to respond to feedback and direction
Flexibility to meet the requirements of the job including evenings and weekends during the Festival and Tour
Salary and Benefits
Glyndebourne can offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience.
The appointment will be for a minimum of 3 years commencing September 2017. The post is full time, April to December with some availability required during the rest of the year for auditions.
5.6 weeks / 28 days holiday per year pro rata.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 17 March 2017
Please note, auditions for this position will be held at Glyndebourne on 27 and 28 April 2017. Candidates short listed for interview should be available on these days.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.