Building and Facilities Manager
We have a vacancy for a Building and Facilities Manager to plan, manage and oversee our construction and maintenance activity for our Theatre and all other buildings on our site.
You will lead and support our Building services and Facility Departments to ensure projects, repairs, remedials and fixes are carried out efficiently and to a high standard, in conjunction with applicable health and safety requirements.
This includes internal and external works with particular importance placed on repairs to equipment required during performances. The role is also responsible for the security team ensuring there is on-site security cover 24/7/365 and for the management and service levels provided by our cleaning department.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Agreeing objectives of the Building Services and Facilities functions and to be accountable for achieving them.
- Ensure that Glyndebourne’s buildings and equipment are maintained and fit for purpose.
- Oversee, review and record the programme of planned and preventative maintenance.
- To ensure that operational systems and processes are functioning efficiently, including but not limited to: technical services, building maintenance and resources, operational procedures, security and cleaning.
- Ensuring that adequate resources are available to deal promptly with all
emergency situations related to the site and its maintenance systems.
- Responsible for the financial management of the department within the
agreed budget, whilst monitoring projected costs within our five year maintenance plan.
- Responsible for the management, development and recruitment of Building Services Supervisors, Cleaning Supervisors and the Security team.
- Managing the appointment and evaluation of external contractors.
- Monitor energy usage and identify potential energy-saving measures.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to building maintenance and security operations, ensuring statutory compliance is maintained.
- Undertaking of risk assessments and the implementation of appropriate
Any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably requested by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Engineering background with experience in building services management and maintenance
- Experience of team management, with a collaborative approach to achieving organisational goals
- Financial and Budget management experience
- Proven project planning skills
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency situation, with strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Knowledge of all specific Building and Facilities Management health and safety legislation
- Experience with the management of fire prevention and security issues
- An ability to work in a sometimes physically demanding role including working outside
- Experience of maintaining a performance venue, managing works and support out of normal office hours
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and the environment
- Knowledge of Security procedures and SIA licence requirements
Hours of work
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week, 9:00-17:00, Monday-Friday
However due to the nature of the work, the role will require you to be ‘on call’ for one week in every four when not on site – if you are called in for any reason you will be paid a supplementary rate.
The role may require occasional evening or weekend work and you may very occasionally be telephoned while off duty (and not on-call) if there is an issue concerning security cover or a site emergency.
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a salary of circa £45,000 dependant on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment & the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 29 May
We are an equal opportunities employer.
* Please note- previous applicants need not apply *