Audience First Aiders
Part Time, 6 May – 26 August 2018
We are currently looking for Audience First Aiders, on a seasonal contract, to enhance the experience we currently provide for customers during their visit to Glyndebourne.
The role is to support Glyndebourne’s overall mission to provide an experience beyond even the highest expectations, for all our audiences, from the first point of contact to the end of the experience. The role provides first aid for our audience as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be thoroughly confident in your knowledge of the various locations at Glyndebourne to which you may be called.
- To be based in the First Aid Room throughout the evening and to respond to any First Aid calls immediately.
- To ensure the Duty House Manager is aware as soon as possible after a call is made for First Aid.
- To deal with medical emergencies in a calm manner, offering reassurance and calling for assistance where necessary.
- In the event of an evacuation, to take responsibility for anyone within your care in the First Aid Room, in line with Glyndebourne’s evacuation procedure.
- To be aware of Health & Safety Regulations and to be vigilant at all times, with regard to the safety and security of anyone within your care, colleagues and yourself.
- To use the radio efficiently and effectively as required.
- To use a wheelchair for transporting a customer needing your services, where appropriate.
- To ensure a record of any medical incidents dealt with during the evening is sent to the Duty House Manager and any accident forms to the Health and Safety Coordinator at the end of the evening.
- To ensure that medical supplies in the First Aid room and other relevant areas are kept stocked up and to liaise with the Health and Safety Coordinator when re-stocking required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A current First Aid at Work certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident and empathetic manner
- To be physically fit, and support customers in wheelchairs as required
- To have experience of working as a First Aider with members of the public
- Ability to problem solve and use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of the Customer Service operation.
- Willingness to assist as required with some personal care.
Hours of work
Between 6 May – 26 August you must be available to work an average of three shifts per week of up to 7 hours, usually between 3.00pm – 10.00pm Monday – Saturday & 2.00pm – 9.00pm on Sundays.
There will also be the opportunity to work during the October 2018 Tour, which commences at Glyndebourne.
Rate of Pay and Benefits
The rate of pay is £9.00 per hour. In addition, we offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
A uniform will be provided.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 2 March 2018 with interviews to be held on Thursday 15 March
We are an equal opportunities employer.