Explore Glyndebourne’s glorious grounds this summer
While away the hours exploring Glyndebourne’s grounds on one of our Open Gardens days. Take a leisurely stroll around the lake, enjoy the flowers, indulge in a take-away afternoon tea…
To ensure it’s a safe and relaxing experience, we’re limiting the number of visitors and asking everyone to arrive in an allocated time slot. There are five times to choose from, between 11.00am and 12.30pm. Once you’ve entered the gardens, you’re welcome to stay for as long as you like until the grounds close at 4.00pm.
Please note that each ticket order will be treated as a ‘household’. Please make multiple orders if booking for people outside your household.
Ensuring your safety at Glyndebourne
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Restricting visitor numbers
- Providing timed entrance slots
- Offering a warm welcome at a distance
- Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
- Using one-way systems where necessary to enable social distancing
- Carrying out enhanced cleaning throughout your visit
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to our staff
- Operating a paperless and cashless system
In return, please show you care by:
- Keeping to the arrival time you have booked
- Showing your ticket on a mobile device where possible
- Keeping two metres away from other visitors and staff
- Following the one-way signs
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds after using our facilities and using hand sanitiser when necessary
- Supporting our staff by showing patience whenever queuing is required
- Using your own personal protective equipment (PPE), if you choose to do so
- Keeping your belongings with you at all times and taking your litter home
- Using our picnic furniture, rather than bringing your own
- Please do not bring your dog to any of the garden events.
Includes freshly baked scones, clotted cream and summer fruits jams, finger sandwiches, a selection of cakes and pastries and tea or coffee.
£20 per person, please book the Ha-Ha afternoon tea when booking your admission ticket.
Offering a range of hot and cold refreshments to takeaway, including snacks and sandwiches, the Long Bar also serves sparkling wines from Nyetimber, Champagnes and assorted wines from our cellar. Pimms, beers, soft drinks, tea and barista-made coffees are also available.
Barista-made coffees, hot beverages and a selection of sweet and savoury snacks to takeaway.
Our shop will be open during all of our Garden Events, offering a great selection of exclusive and locally sourced products, including our new David Hockney range featuring his iconic designs for The Rake's Progress. You can also browse the range and buy online.
COVID-19 Emergency Appeal
Our new summer season is a creative response to COVID-19, taking advantage of our glorious gardens. Unfortunately these events are not a long-term solution to the current crisis and won't sustain Glyndebourne financially. If you'd like to support our future, please donate to our COVID-19 Emergency Appeal.
Explore Glyndebourne’s glorious grounds.Cancel