Beethoven & Brahms
Sir Mark Elder conducts the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, in a concert featuring music from Beethoven's Fidelio and Brahms beautiful violin concerto
As part of the booking process you can select your own seats online. To manage social distancing within the auditorium, all seats are grouped in pairs.
If you’d like to discuss seating options, or book an odd number of tickets, please call the Box Office on 01273 815 000 (Monday – Friday, 11.00am – 5.00pm).
By selecting a pre-performance dining option you will be able to arrive 2.5 hours before the performance begins, allowing you to make the most of your visit. If you choose not to extend your visit time by pre-booking one of our dining options, for your safety you’ll be asked to arrive no more than 20 minutes before the performance start time. Everything we do is managed in line with the latest guidance from Public Health England, to ensure everyone’s safety. Find out what to expect during your visit in our step-by-step guide.
About the performance
Glyndebourne Festival 2020 should have seen a new production of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
It was not to be, but this concert will see the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment – conducted by Sir Mark Elder – perform orchestral music and arias from the opera, with singers Emma Bell and David Butt Philip. This will be followed by Brahms beautiful violin concerto played by the brilliant young star, Alina Ibragimova.
We have been working hard to provide the best experience under the current guidelines. Enhance your visit by booking a pre-performance dining experience, or a reserved space if you prefer to bring your own picnic. By selecting one of these options you will be able to arrive 2.5 hours before the performance begins, allowing you to make the most of your visit.
Middle and Over Wallop restaurant
- Caramelised celeriac and apple volute, Brighton blue cream, shaved chestnut (v)
- Pate en croute, piccalilli
- Home smoked salmon, eggs mimosa, dill biscuit
- Sussex breast of turkey, ragu of leg, potato terrine, sprout tops
- Heritage beetroot pithivier, creamed leeks, sprout`a’verde (v)
- Hazelnut crusted cod, turnip brandade, chard, sauce soubise
- Pumpkin meringue pie, preserved elderberry (Ve)
- Bitter chocolate & Praline Marquise, crème fraiche, Clementine (v)
- Selection of British cheese, mulled pear chutney, toasted fruit bread (v)
Our Ha-Ha Tea at £22 per person includes freshly baked scones with Cornish clotted cream and summer fruit jams, finger sandwiches, French pastries and a selection of teas or coffees.
Greenhouse & Garden Marquees
Bookable for those bringing their own refreshments.
We’ve ensured there’s plenty of distancing between parties in each location and have opened more spaces to ensure that everyone who wants to extend their visit, can. Please note that all dining options must be booked in advance online or through the Box Office, including space in the marquees.
- There is the option to book your dining experience when booking your tickets.
- If you have already booked your tickets and would like to book a dining experience, please call our Box Office at +44 (0)1273 815 000.
- Once you have booked your dining experience please log into your account at diningatglyndebourne.com to select your menu choices.
If you choose not to extend your visit time by pre-booking one of our dining options, for your safety you’ll be asked to arrive no more than 20 minutes before the performance start time. Unfortunately, the grounds won’t be open for general use and the Long Bar will remain closed for the autumn performances.
Please be aware that to ensure your safety there will be no interval during the performances.
Thank you for working with us during these extraordinary times.
Ensuring your safety at Glyndebourne
Your safety is our number one priority. We promise to keep you feeling safe during your visit to Glyndebourne. Everything we do is managed in line with the latest guidance from Public Health England.
Click here to read about the measures we have in place to ensure safe social distancing and sanitisation.
Read the full terms and conditions
Main image: Painted collage by Shadric Toop