Glyndebourne has received eight nominations in the 2015/16 WhatsOnStage Opera Poll, more than any other organisation.
The shortlist for the WhatsOnStage Opera Poll is chosen by the website’s reviews team to reflect the best opera events from the past year.
Glyndebourne productions and performers are shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best New Opera Production – Saul directed by Barrie Kosky and Die Entführung aus dem Serail directed by David McVicar
- Best Opera Revival – Ravel double bill, revived by Laurent Pelly for the 2015 Glyndebourne Festival and Don Pasquale, revived by Paul Higgins for the 2015 Glyndebourne Tour
- Outstanding Achievement in an Operatic Role – Henry Waddington (pictured) for his performance in the 2015 Glyndebourne Tour production of Saul
- Breakthrough Artist in UK Opera – Duncan Ward for his conducting of the 2015 Glyndebourne Tour performance of Don Pasquale and Tobias Kehrer for his performance in the role of Osmin in the 2015 Glyndebourne Festival production of Die Entführung aus dem Serail
- Outstanding Contribution to the UK Operatic Scene – Glyndebourne for an exceptionally strong Festival 2015
The poll is decided by public vote which is open now and will end at 23:59 on 31 December 2015. Vote here.
The winners will be announced on 4 January 2016.