Highlights of the 2011 Glyndebourne Festival
- The 2011 Glyndebourne Festival will open with the first ever staging here of Die Meistersinger von Nürenberg , directed by David McVicar and conducted by Music Director Vladimir Jurowski. Gerald Finley makes his role debut as Hans Sachs, with Ana Gabler as Eva. This will fulfill the dream of Glyndebourne’s founder, John Christie, to stage this work, who himself performed the role of Sixtus Beckmesser in a concert performance of Scene 1 Act III in the Glyndebourne Organ Room in 1928.
- Robert Carsen directs a new production of Rinaldo , continuing Glyndebourne’s exploration of Handel operas. Conducted by Baroque specialist Ottavio Dantone in his Glyndebourne debut, Sonia Prina sings the title role.
- Former Glyndebourne on Tour Music Director Robin Ticciati conducts the revival of the 2010 Festival production of Jonathan Kent’s Don Giovanni . The cast includes Lucas Meachem as Don Giovanni.
- Danielle De Niese sings the role of Adina in Annabel Arden’s L’elisir d’amore . Enrique Mazzola, original conductor for this production from the 2007 Tour, returns to conduct this revival.
- Melly Still’s 2009 Festival production of Rusalka is revived, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis. Dina Kuznetsova sings the title role, with Pavel Cernoch as the Prince.
- Jonathan Kent’s 2006 Festival production of The Turn of the Screw returns, with Glyndebourne on Tour Music Director Jakub Hrůša.