Stage Department Casual Staff
We are currently recruiting for staff to join our Stage Department Casual list. You will be required to work as part of a team in realising the technical requirements of the stage department. You will assist with handling scenery for fit ups and changeovers as well as carrying out minor repairs. Ideally you will have previous stage staff experience or carpentry skills. You should enjoy practical work as part of a team, be physically fit and able to work long hours during the Festival for which overtime is paid.
Casual staff will be given one days paid induction/training. There is no obligation for Glyndebourne to provide further work nor is there any obligation for those on the list to accept work when called. We will however, try to rotate any available work around those on the list as and when it arises but you may be called at short notice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist in fit ups, get- ins, maintenance and all technical aspects of show production.
- To maintain all backstage areas to the highest standard and keep all storage units in order.
- To work alongside others in a safe and efficient manner.
- To adhere to all schedules and follow the leadership of the Stage Supervisors and the Head of Stage
- To be able to work at heights when required
- To undertake, if required, all manner of set refurbishment, painting, cleaning etc, and to assist in the maintenance of productions throughout their run.
- To carry out all other duties where required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Practical ability, good communication skills
- Metalwork/ Carpentry skills
- To work in unison with all other departments in achieving productions of the highest quality
- Following instructions and completing all instructed tasks within a given time frame
- To ensure that safe working practice is followed
- To participate in all allocated training programmes and initiatives
- Being prepared to work long hours, weekends and public holidays
- To be physically fit
- To work as part of a large team
- To travel, when required, on Glyndebourne business
Rates of Pay
This is an hourly paid positions, £9.85 per hour (days)/ £14.78 per hour (nights)
Over half a day’s paid holiday for each week worked (6.8 weeks holiday per annum pro rata inclusive of bank holidays).
We offer a modern theatre environment in a beautiful country setting.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive
We are an equal opportunities employer