Cover Security Guards
We have a number of vacancies for experienced Guards to join our security team to provide security cover during performances and annual leave/ emergency cover.
You will provide a visible security presence and maintain the security of Glyndebourne’s buildings, grounds and property for staff, performing company and audience. This will include acting as a fire warden and first aider as required and to provide additional reception cover out of hours. Previous security experience is essential along with a current SIA Licence.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor control and fire alarm panels investigating any isolations
- Check CCTV system, raising barrier when required
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Intermittent patrols of the main building and ancillary buildings to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, fire hazards and ensure security of doors, windows
- Pre performance patrols to ensure doors and fire hydrants are not obstructed and illuminated fire signs are working
- Respond appropriately to security alerts, calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency
- Respond to first aid requests and fires as appropriate (other first aiders and fire wardens are available)
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Log daily activities such as transport and reception opening and closing times and irregularities, such as false alarms, equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons, or unusual occurrences in handover book.
- Taking in and sorting post, parcels and milk
- Maintain stationery cupboard and liaising with Finance Department on stock and ordering
- Ensure equipment such as the defibrillator, radios and torches are always charged and ready for use
- Monitoring the turbine and notifying the duty engineer of any issues
- In conjunction with Building services run weekly fire alarm tests
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous security experience
- Current SIA Licence
- Current first aid at work certificate
- Own Transport
- Previous fire warden experience
Hours of Work
Your hours of work may consist of performance shifts of 6 hours, 16:30 – 22:30 and 12 hour day and night shifts, 06:30 – 18:30 and 18:30 – 06:30.
Salary and Benefits
This is an hourly paid position at £9.73 per hour. In addition, we offer 6.8 weeks’ holiday per annum pro rata inclusive of bank holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and offer a dry cleaning allowance.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive with a view to applicants being available to start as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer