Routes into Glyndebourne: Education Data Assistant
As part of our Routes into Glyndebourne programme, we are offering an exciting 6 month opportunity for someone to join our Education Department.
Reporting to the Head of Education, you will be responsible for the cleansing and updating of education data relating to Glyndebourne Youth Opera, and work with schools at Glyndebourne and nationally. The updating of Glyndebourne’s database system, Tessitura, to a new version has resulted in this need for a systematic update of data.
You will work with all members of Glyndebourne’s education team and staff in other departments of the Company and will be provided with support from the Education Projects Manager, Education Projects Coordinator and Education Administrator.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Update and clean existing schools data into a new format
- Update and clean Glyndebourne Youth Opera accounts and remove duplicates
- Support the use of Tessitura to track Artists and their participation in education projects
- Supporting the effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of projects, including regular input and analysis of participation data
- Any ad-hoc tasks reasonably requested by management
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrably excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Digitally literate with experience of working with databases
- Understanding of arts education work, and its purpose.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of the education system, including the difference between state, Academy and Private schools.
Hours of Work and Rates of Pay
This is a full time position of 35 hours per week, 9:30-17:30, Monday – Friday starting in May 2017 for a fixed term of 6 months.
We can offer a rate of pay of £7.50 per hour/ £262.50 per week. You will also be entitled to 5.6 weeks (pro rata) holiday per year including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment & the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
Please apply by firstly clicking here to complete our online monitoring form and then download and complete the Routes Application form and follow the directions for submission. If you prefer, you can request a paper copy of the form, by calling 01273 812321 and leaving your postal address.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7 April 2017 with interviews to be held on Thursday 13 April.
We are an equal opportunities employer